Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. In fact for many years I've strongly disliked it. This year however, my feelings surrounding it have not been nearly as negative. I attribute this to the fun spirit among my colleagues at work.

This week we had a pumpkin decorating contest.  Here are the entries....
All the pumpkins

Room 3: Candy apple

Room 5: Are You My Mother?

Early Intervention Team: Dave the EI Minion

Room 4: Pumpkin Pi

Front Desk: Ms. Pumpkin Head
(her to-do list says: stuff, things, more stuff... I love that she has 5 hands!)
 

Room 1: Melvin the Mummy
 
 
My team entered Melvin the Mummy pumpkin and we won "most creative" (hint: everyone got an award!). In truth, Melvin's design fell within our limited artistic talents and actually, I think he turned out kinda cute. We covered him with coffee filters to provide a white background since we had limited gauze. We then cut the gauze into strips, placed it on top of the coffee filters, and used a paintbrush to brush on a glue/water mixture.  The eyes and mouth are scraps of felt.
 
Thank you Google Images for supplying the creative muse for this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment